As with retreat booklets, I thought that for something to count as a...
Archive for January 2016
What the book's about: Lauren Winner's Real Sex is a book that talks openly and honestly about sex, confronting the lies both our culture and the church tell about it. It also explores the discipline of chastity.
Why I read this book:...
The first retreat I ever led was about authentic relationships. I spent HOURS prepping every aspect of this retreat – including hours on a retreat booklet for participants. The retreat booklet contained cartoons, quotes, the Bible passages we were...
What the book's about: As it's subtitle suggests, Damaged Goods is about new perspectives on Christian purity. Using her own story as well as stories from interviews she conducted, Dianna explores some of the damage Christian purity...
This weekend is my youth ministry's annual winter retreat. During it, my high school students and I are exploring the book of Revelation.
After learning what our topic is, I've lost track of how many times someone has asked me, rather...
Sarah Bessey is a writer's writer. Her words are beautiful; Her language, poetry. She's someone I read when I need inspiration.
Needless to say, my expectations about her second book, Out of Sorts, were incredibly high, so much so that I...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- A giveaway of my new book, Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders
- Mama, Sing!
- Review: The Gift of Hard Things by Mark Yaconelli
- Review: Choosing Real by Bekah Jane Pogue
- Guest Post: Why Student Leadership Works by Emily Gorz
- Review: The Self-Aware Leader by Terry Linhart
- Using communication to create ministry champions
- Stuff You Can Use: Called Prayer Station
- Review: I'm Going to Give You a Bear Hug! by Caroline B. Cooney
- Guest Post: Toward an Open Student Leadership by Brad Hauge
- What I'm Into (February, March 2017 Edition)
- Recent Reads: Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Review: Bible Basics by Danielle Hitchen
- Guest Post: How To Have Student Leaders Actually Impact Your Student Ministry by Justin Knowles
- Stuff You Can Use: Clothed with Christ Prayer Station
- Is it really hero time?
- Guest Post: The Number One Reason for Student Leadership by Rachel Blom
- Stuff You Can Use: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Prayer Station
- How a youth group ministered to its congregation