As with retreat booklets, I thought that for something to count as a...
Archive for January 2016
What the book's about: Lauren Winner's Real Sex is a book that talks openly and honestly about sex, confronting the lies both our culture and the church tell about it. It also explores the discipline of chastity.
Why I read this book:...
The first retreat I ever led was about authentic relationships. I spent HOURS prepping every aspect of this retreat – including hours on a retreat booklet for participants. The retreat booklet contained cartoons, quotes, the Bible passages we were...
What the book's about: As it's subtitle suggests, Damaged Goods is about new perspectives on Christian purity. Using her own story as well as stories from interviews she conducted, Dianna explores some of the damage Christian purity...
This weekend is my youth ministry's annual winter retreat. During it, my high school students and I are exploring the book of Revelation.
After learning what our topic is, I've lost track of how many times someone has asked me, rather...
Sarah Bessey is a writer's writer. Her words are beautiful; Her language, poetry. She's someone I read when I need inspiration.
Needless to say, my expectations about her second book, Out of Sorts, were incredibly high, so much so that I...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Review: Real Love In An Angry World by Rick Bezet
- Review: Is Justice Possible? by J. Paul Nyquist
- Review: Liturgy of the Ordinary by Tish Harrison Warren
- Recent Reads: Coffee, the World, and Jesus
- Should youth workers give teens the answers or the questions?
- Recent Reads: Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands by Nancy Ortberg
- Play toys, Mama!
- Church isn't 7-11
- What I'm Into (June, 2017 Edition)
- When to Report Up
- Recent Reads: Hope Prevails by Dr. Michelle Bengtson
- 12 Things Students Need from Adult Leaders on Mission Trips
- 10 things mission trip staffers need from adult leaders
- 18 tips for traveling with toddlers
- Review: At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenreider
- How to respond to a nastygram
- Recent Reads: Mack & Leeann's Guide to Short-Term Missions
- Why you should call on introverts first
- A giveaway of my new book, Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders