What the book's about: Colors of Goodbye is a beautiful memoir about the life and death of September Vaudrey's 19-year old daughter, Katie. Using flashbacks as well as Katie's art, it's a story about grieving, choosing life after...
Archive for May 2016
At a recent conference, I attended a workshop where, among other things, the presenter made the case for using gender-neutral pronouns to teach children and youth about God.
This is a debate that rages in a lot of circles. People fear that if we...
In my community, it's officially the end of the year. Schools get out in the next couple of weeks and it seems that between now and then, there's a steady onslaught of end-of-the-year festivities, including parties. In some instances, students...
Baby girl turns one on Sunday, a milestone which has left me feeling nostalgic. There's so much I want to capture about this first year; things I fear I will forget in a year in which scrapbooking has fallen by the wayside.
During my pregnancy, I...
What the book's about: In many ways, Night Driving: A Story of Faith in the Dark picks up where Addie's first book, When We Were on Fire, leaves off. It addresses the question, "What does faith look like when the fire wanes?" using the...
What I'm Reading:
April was an INSANE month. Nevertheless, I still got some reading in.
Best mystery: What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan
Perfect beach read: Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny...
Like many congregations, mine uses a traditional educational hour or Sunday school format. This means that our junior high and high school students meet separately for 45-minutes each on Sunday mornings.
I love the opportunity this time provides...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. When not doing ministry, she and her husband Doug can be found hiking, backpacking, and traveling.More about Jen
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- Guest Post: The Number One Reason for Student Leadership by Rachel Blom
- Stuff You Can Use: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Prayer Station
- How a youth group ministered to its congregation
- Life-giving rules
- Stuff You Can Use: Washed Up Prayer Station
- 7 ways to support girls in your ministry
- Stuff You Can Use: What Are You Afraid Of? Prayer Station
- Review: The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Saying Good-Bye Well
- Burying the Alleluias
- What about those who are anti-refugee?
- Review & Giveaway: Alongside by Sarah Beckman
- An interview with Michelle DeRusha about Katharina & Martin Luther
- A modern-day version of the Good Samaritan
- 7 things not to do during seasons of change
- Addressing Parental Concerns
- Review: Katharina and Martin Luther by Michelle DeRusha
- 7 ways to support your church during seasons of change
- What I'm Into (December 2016 / January 2017 Edition)