As a parent, I also want my daughter to know...
Archive for December 2017
“I have to go get my guys!” my two-year old daughter, Hope, told me as I began reading the Christmas story to her during our morning devotion. A few minutes later she returned with her Fisher Price nativity set and proceeded to act out the...
Not long ago, I sat in worship thinking “Every aspect of this service has been entirely about me.” That week, it felt like worship pointed not to Jesus, but to me.
I’m pretty sure that a few months earlier, I would not have been so acutely aware...
As a young youth worker, once I figured out that I shouldn’t be writing my own curriculum, I’d spend hours pouring over existing curriculum, trying to figure out what to teach the teens entrusted to my care.
I had no idea what I was looking for in...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- On being done
- Review: Inspired by Rachel Held Evans
- Relinquishing Privilege
- Jesus Changes Everything
- Why I don't want my male colleagues to follow the Billy Graham rule
- 4 Things I Learned about Intergenerational Ministry from a Family Resort
- Review: Courageous Women of the Bible by Latan Roland Murphy
- Review: Raising World Changers in a Changing World by Kristen Welsh
- The problem with legislating modesty
- 9 questions to ask before a youth pastor audition
- Recognizing Graduates with Prayer Books
- Review: Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit by Christopher J. H. Wright
- Review: On Pills and Needles by Rick Van Warner
- Being Above Reproach in a #ChurchToo World
- Playing Church
- Review: Called to Create by Jordan Raynor
- 10 Ways to Respond to a Suicidal Student
- Review: Fire Road by Kim Phuc Phan Thi
- Favored Leaders
- Coming Back to the 30 Hour Famine