I first gained exposure to Kristen Welch when my husband gifted me with a subscription to Fair Trade Friday, a ministry of Mercy House, which Kristen is the founder of. When I saw Kristen had a new book out, Raising World Changers in a Changing...
Archive for May 2018
‘Tis the season for summer camps and mission trips, which means that this time of year, youth ministry discussion boards explode with questions about swimwear dress codes. Typically, questions go something like this:
What do you require girls to...
If there’s a seasonality to hiring in the church world, it’s now. Churches work hard during the spring and summer months to ensure that they have a full staff in place before the program year begins in the fall.
A common part of the interview...
Jen Bradbury on Youth Ministry
Jen serves as the director of youth ministry at Faith Lutheran Church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. A veteran youth worker, Jen holds an MA in Youth Ministry Leadership from Huntington University. Jen is the author of The Jesus Gap: What Teens Actually Believe about Jesus (The Youth Cartel), The Real Jesus (The Youth Cartel), Unleashing the Hidden Potential of Your Student Leaders (Abingdon), and the forthcoming A Mission That Matters (Abingdon). Her writing has also appeared in YouthWorker Journal, Immerse, and The Christian Century. Jen is also the Assistant Director of Arbor Research Group where she has led many national studies. When not doing ministry or research, she and her husband, Doug, and daughter, Hope, can be found traveling and enjoying life together.More about Jen
Unleashing the Hidden Potential of your Student Leaders
The Real Jesus
The Jesus Gap
What Teens Actually Believe About Jesus
Based on National Research
- 16 years ago
- The responsibility for a shared past and future
- Review: Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders by Aubrey Malphurs
- Adult leader’s training: The one thing you shouldn’t skimp on
- When the way is clear
- Review: Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot by Mo Isom
- On being done
- Review: Inspired by Rachel Held Evans
- Relinquishing Privilege
- Jesus Changes Everything
- Why I don't want my male colleagues to follow the Billy Graham rule
- 4 Things I Learned about Intergenerational Ministry from a Family Resort
- Review: Courageous Women of the Bible by Latan Roland Murphy
- Review: Raising World Changers in a Changing World by Kristen Welsh
- The problem with legislating modesty
- 9 questions to ask before a youth pastor audition
- Recognizing Graduates with Prayer Books
- Review: Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit by Christopher J. H. Wright
- Review: On Pills and Needles by Rick Van Warner
- Being Above Reproach in a #ChurchToo World